Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 19: Podcasts

I listen to podcasts quite often, but I've never subscribed to a feed before, so it was good to figure out how to do that. Most of the ones I've listened to have been news-based, and I've checked out MINITEX podcasts as well. One of the sites I explored were the MPR offerings. I love Grammar Grater--this one I'm sure I'll never miss!

I didn't have very good luck with other podcasts, though. The first thing I looked for was a Minnesota Twins podcast. I found one, listened to it, and found out it was this guy's final offering--sigh... Then I checked out Podcast.com and searched for "library." I located University of Oklahome podcasts, and I was excited to "see" what they had posted. Again--no luck. Nothing loaded or connected. Might there be security issues??

Then I looked at Podcast Alley. I liked the way the site looked, but I didn't find anything right off the bat that was work-related. Podcast.net also presented well. Although I didn't find any work-related files quickly, this sight also looked like I could spend a lot of time here checking out lots of interesting things. The final site, Educational Podcast Directory, was also a little disappointing at first glance, but I'll admit I didn't spend much time trying it out.

I probably won't do any podcasting myself, but I'm glad I figured out how to subscribe to them so I can listen to them at my convenience. And who knows--maybe there will be another Minnesota Twins podcast sometime this summer! GO TWINS!

No comments: